Application Requirements for Degree Seeking Students
- for Fall (August) admission is June 1
- for Spring (January) admissions is November 1
Applications received after the deadline will be considered for admission the following semester.
Complete applications will contain all the following:
- Completed Application for Admission
- Transcript requirements:
- First-year freshman: Official copy of your high school or secondary school transcripts.(Official academic records of all high school or secondary and work taken, including examination certificates for coursework, school leaving tests and certificates.)
- Transfer applicants: If you have taken college courses previously, please submit your university transcript directly to Muskingum University.
- Proof of English proficiency for nonnative English speakers from one of the following:
- Official TOEFL iBT: 46 or higher
- Official IELTS: 5.5 or higher
- Official CEFR: B2 or higher
- Official Duolingo: 75 or higher
- Students from established partner institutions abroad must provide a formal written assessment from their school affirming English language proficiency at the appropriate level for degree study at Muskingum University.
- This requirement may be waived for students who have completed at least three years of school at a regionally accredited US high school or for students who have attended a foreign school which teaches their courses in English. Students from countries where English is an official language may also be eligible. We will review each student’s record case-by-case.
- An essay, at least 500 words in length, describing yourself and explaining why you would like to study at Muskingum University. Also, describe any subject area you are considering and possible career plans. The essay should be written in English.
- 2 or more Letters of Recommendation written by teachers or your principal/headmaster/headmistress.
- Copy of your passport picture page
- ACT/SAT test scores (optional)
- Evidence of Financial Support:
- Certified current bank letter or bank statements that are no more than six months old; showing sufficient funds for the first year. Letter should be on bank stationery and give the current balance in the account of the sponsor; These Letters or statements show the remaining current balance of your academic expenses after deducting scholarships.
- If the account belongs to someone other than the parent/sponsor who signs the financial responsibility section of the application form, each additional sponsor must also provide a letter stating that he or she will be responsible for your expenses at Muskingum. An example of a bank letter is available here in pdf format.