Quick Facts & Figures
- Village of New Concord, along Interstate 70
- 1 hour east of Columbus
- 2 hours south of Cleveland
- 2 hours southwest of Pittsburgh
- 21 major buildings on 245 scenic rolling acres
Undergraduate Academic Programs & Support Services
- 67 Academic Majors and Programs, including 13 interdisciplinary majors
- 9 pre-professional programs, including pre-medicine and pre-law
- Teacher licensure in 21 areas
- International exchange and faculty-led study programs
- Comprehensive PLUS Program for students with learning differences
Graduate & Continuing Studies Programs & Services
- Master of Arts in Education, with specializations
- Master of Arts in Teaching, with specializations
- Master of Business Information Systems
- Master of Occupational Therapy
- Educational Specialist
- Adult Degree Completion (Muskingum Adult Program)
- Graduate Tuition and Fees
- 1300+ undergraduate students
- 300 Muskingum Adult Program (MAP) Students
- 1400 part-time and full-time graduate students
- 500+ students in Continuing Education courses
- 65% of undergraduates live on campus – including 75% of first-year students
- 18% ethnic minority enrollment and 4% international student enrollment
Affiliation / Accreditation
- Affiliated with the Presbyterian Church, USA
- Accredited/Approved by: Higher Learning Commission on Colleges and Schools (HLC), Ohio Board of Regents (OBR), Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Ohio Board of Nursing (OBN), National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), American Chemical Society (ACS), Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET), Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- 12:1 undergraduate student-to-faculty ratio
- 93% of full-time faculty hold a doctorate or graduate-level first professional degree in their field
Library & Computer/Network Facilities
- Wi-Fi access in all academic and residential buildings.
- Multiple group-project collaboration stations with wireless connectivity and large-screen monitors.
- Computer labs in multiple academic and residential locations.
- Easy access to 55 million library items statewide through OhioLINK.
- Library holdings include more than 350,000 books (hard copy and ebooks), over 10,000 e-journal and hard copy subscriptions, and over 280 databases.
- 72% first-year students return for the second year.
- 93% of graduates are typically employed or attending graduate/professional school within five months of graduation.
- Nearly 40% of graduates pursue an advanced degree within five years of graduation.
- Ranked 2nd among Ohio universities in Top Performers on Social Mobility for the Regional Midwest by the U.S. News & World Report in its 2022 Best College’s Guide.
- 6 residence halls; multiple townhouses, sorority, fraternity, social club, and special program houses; apartment building.
- More than 100 student organizations: academic honorary societies, music and drama, media, Greek Life, event programming, faith and spirituality, multicultural perspectives, service, and social action, and special interests.
- 1/3 of Muskies involved in Greek Life
- 10,800 community service hours completed annually
- $30,000+ raised annually by students
- 22 NCAA Division III varsity sports, competing in the Ohio Athletic Conference
- Men's NCAA Division III baseball, basketball, cross country, football, golf, indoor/outdoor track and field, lacrosse, soccer, tennis, and wrestling.
- Women's NCAA Division III basketball, cross country, golf, indoor/outdoor track and field, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, and volleyball.
- Men’s and Women’s esports team competing in the Great Lakes Esports Conference.
- Men’s and Women’s bowling teams competing in the American Heartland Intercollegiate Bowling Conference.
- 15 Intramural sports and recreational activities.
- Nickname: Fighting Muskies
- Athletic Colors: Black and Red
- Visit www.fightingmuskies.com for live streaming, stats, and sports news
Costs, Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Ranked 2nd among Ohio universities in Best Value Schools for the Regional Midwest by the U.S. News & World Report in its 2022 Best College’s Guide.
- Muskingum's full-time undergraduate tuition is among the lowest of comparable Ohio private colleges in Ohio.
- 99% of students receive financial aid assistance and scholarships.
- Undergraduate Tuition and Fees.