Graduate Assistant - Athletic Facilities and Recreation Operations
Muskingum University invites applications for two Graduate Assistants for Athletic Facilities and Recreation Operations. Muskingum’s graduate assistant program provides a full tuition waiver for the successful candidate to complete a Muskingum master’s degree while gaining hands-on career experience. Responsible for supporting and coordinating recreation opportunities, game day management, and facility operations, the Graduate Assistants will work closely with the head coaches, undergraduate students, and other professionals in the Athletic Department.
The compensation package for this position includes an annual stipend of $5,000, campus housing, meals, and a full tuition waiver. Muskingum is a Division III member of the NCAA and a member of the Ohio Athletic Conference.
Athletic Responsibilities (60%)
- Aid in oversight and management of all athletic facilities. Coordinate routine athletic work orders for assigned areas and be the secondary point person for communication with Physical Plant.
- Aid in coordination of athletic facility schedules. May need to address time-sensitive schedule requests.
- Assist in managing event operations, athletic event logistics, and gameday personnel, including any training deemed necessary for gameday staff.
- Attend entire length of assigned contests and games.
- Assist with distribution of keys to athletic facilities, as needed.
- Assist with fundraising activities for the athletic department, including the annual golf outing, event concessions, and 50/50 requests.
- Perform secondary duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Campus Recreation Responsibilities (40%)
- Oversee the Club Sports and any other Recreation Program.
- Assist with the development, evaluation, and implementation of policies and procedures for the Henry D. Bullock Health & Wellness Complex and the Chess Center.
- Assist with general oversight of recreation administrative functions including but not limited to: budgets, programming, facility oversight, staffing, training, and equipment maintenance.
- Assist in oversight of the Intramural program, including staffing, training, recruitment, and retention.
- Assist in leading weekly recreation staff meetings.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Undergraduate degree.
- At least 1 year of experience in collegiate athletics, club sports, or campus recreation. Student employment in campus recreation or athletic gameday management may count toward years of experience.
- Acceptance or ability to be accepted into Muskingum University Graduate Program.
- Strong background in collegiate athletics.
- Ability to follow the NCAA Division III philosophy and OAC and Muskingum guidelines.
- Ability to collaborate and participate as an active member of the athletic department and the University community.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
How to Apply
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references and should be sent by email to email@example.com or fax to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.