Coordinator of Admission Operations
Muskingum University invites applications for a Coordinator of Admission Operations. Reporting to the Director of Admission Operations, the Coordinator of Admission Operations provides support for the operational functions of the Office of Admission. The Coordinator strategically uses various technology systems, oversees student employees, and interacts with prospective students and families.
- Spearhead prospect, inquiry, and application processing, data imports and exports, student record completion, tracking and applicant web services, standard and ad hoc operations reporting, and communication flow implementation.
- Coordinate system audits to ensure data integrity and accuracy.
- Strategically direct partnerships with some external vendors, including Common App.
- Train student workers in the use of enrollment software tools.
- Train admission and financial aid personnel in technology use.
- Assist the Campus Visit Coordinator to plan for campus events and ensure a high-quality visit experience for prospective students and families.
- Oversee direct mail communication from database retrieval to post office delivery.
- Manage purchasing, e-procurement services, billing, invoicing and inventory for the Office of Admission.
- Serve on University committees as assigned.
- Assist with recruitment events on selected weekends or evening programs, as needed.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Associate degree with 5 years of experience in customer service or office management.
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Demonstrated and comprehensive communication skills.
- Must be energetic, innovative, organized, forward-thinking, and creative, with the ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience working in an office of admissions.
- Experience with a customer relationship management (CRM) platform.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Limited physical effort required but may include occasional standing for periods of time or moving items weighing less than 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Duties may require occasional evening and weekend work.
ABOUT THE INSTITUTION:
Muskingum University, a comprehensive university founded in 1837 in the liberal arts tradition, is located seventy miles east of Columbus, Ohio, in the village of New Concord. The university's total undergraduate, graduate, and adult-learner student population is approximately 3,000. The residential campus houses approximately 850 students, or 70% of the undergraduate population. Undergraduate students are engaged in a diverse array of social and academic organizations, including a vibrant Greek community, multiple organizations serving diverse populations, and service and leadership societies. Nearly 50% of the student population is involved in athletics, including 21 NCAA Division III teams, intramurals, and a newly launched eSports team.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum encourages applications from women, people of color and other populations traditionally underserved by higher education.
Candidates should send a cover letter that describes their fulfillment of the position qualifications, resume, and a list of references noting relation to the applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.