Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach
Muskingum University invites applications to the department of intercollegiate athletics for a full-time, 10-month position as Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach. Muskingum University is a Division III member of the NCAA, and a member of the ten school Ohio Athletic Conference.
- Reporting to the Head Basketball Coach, the Assistant Men’s Basketball Coach will promote the NCAA Division III philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, to include adhering to all departmental policies and procedures, OAC guidelines, as well as the rules and regulations of the University.
- Assists in coaching student-athletes both in practice and competition, evaluating performance and providing leadership and instruction to improve performance as well as partnering with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of University to foster and encourage involvement and support of athletic programming.
- This position will work collaboratively with the Head Coach in all aspects of daily operations: may teach within the Health and Physical Education Department, assumes role as Head Coach of junior varsity team, organizes and coordinates workouts and practice schedules, and provides home game management.
- Participates in the scouting, recruitment, retention of student-athletes, maintains progress records/stats and recommends changes to achieve desired goals, as necessary.
- Attend coaches’ preparatory meetings and implements strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Men’s Basketball Coach
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have intercollegiate basketball playing experience and knowledge.
- Desire to coach within the NCAA Division III philosophy and the OAC guidelines at a private liberal arts institution, and be an active member of the athletic department, the health and physical education department, and the University.
The appointment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Please send cover letter, resume, and a list of references to Travis Schwab, Basketball Head Coach, (firstname.lastname@example.org) or materials can also be faxed to 740-826-8300.