Muskingum University welcomes applications for an Admission Counselor. This position is essential in identifying potential students and building relationships with both prospective students and their families to further the University’s recruitment and enrollment objectives.
- Meet University-developed recruitment goals.
- Contact prospective students through high school visits and day/night programs.
- Manage applicants from a designated geographic area, including conducting individual interviews with prospective students and families and maintaining regular contact with them.
- Review admission files to determine prospective students’ eligibility to enroll at Muskingum.
- Assist enrolled students with their transition to college.
- Visit high schools within an assigned geographic area and build relationships with high school counselors.
- Planning and implementation of office recruiting activities.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of office recruiting activities, on and off-campus programs, scholarship days, and student telethons.
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities necessary to describe the major functions of the position and should not be considered a complete description of the essential functions of the position. This Job Description is not intended to be all inclusive. The employee will be assigned by the immediate supervisor to perform other duties as needed or to perform other reasonably-related duties, including special projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Outgoing and sincere personality.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Creativity and the ability to think critically regarding various issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams).
- Ability to communicate in both large group and individual settings.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours.
- Experience working in a college setting preferred.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must include a letter of interest, a resume, and 3 professional references. The list of references should include each reference's email address, phone number, and a brief description of your relationship to the reference. Applications should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 740-826-6131. Please include the position title in the subject line of your correspondence. This position will remain open until filled, with review of candidates to begin immediately.
Muskingum University actively seeks out and welcomes administrators and staff who are committed to excellence in student learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the University’s educational programs and activities, and are committed to full inclusivity at the University. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations, which have been historically underrepresented in higher education and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.