Since 1983, the PLUS Program has provided comprehensive academic support services for students with learning differences. Any student with a learning difference is eligible to apply to the PLUS Program.
PLUS PROGRAM PHILOSOPHY
The PLUS Program philosophy is designed to empower rather than rescue students. Based on their past educational experiences, students may view this as a considerable change. This change often requires a shift in mindset for the student that encompasses looking at what is working, discovering possibilities, and using strengths and interests to enhance performance.
Student direction and control of the learning process are crucial components of the college experience and contribute to success in college and beyond. The PLUS Learning Coordinators and/or Consultants will empower students to develop skills, both academic and social, leading to self-direction, confidence, and independence.
PLUS PROGRAM- FAST FACTS
- 39 years of providing support to students
- #15 ranking by the CollegeConsensus.com for "Best Colleges for Students with Learning Disabilities"
- 4 Professional Full Time Coordinators with Master's Degrees
- 8 Professional Learning Consultants with Bachelor's Degrees
- 72 students-first year through senior (spring 2022)
- 6% of Muskingum University students
- 4 levels of support services
- 1 inclusive, caring, campus community
Address: Walter Hall, Muskingum University,
260 Stadium Drive, New Concord, Ohio 43762-1837.