Administrative Assistant Science Department
FUNDAMENTAL OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION:
• To provide office support for the academic departments located in the Boyd Science Center.
• Serve as receptionist and greet guests for building and departments.
• Answer telephone for departments, take messages and deliver.
• Timely delivery of mail to faculty offices.
• Provide word processing, filing and other secretarial support for faculty, including letters, exams, syllabi, schedules, grants, form letters and email.
• Printing and assembling lab workbooks for building faculty.
• Develop document templates for letters and forms.
• Responsible for mailings. Design and have printed brochures; maintain event RSVPs, including electronic RSVP’s.
• Assist with grant applications and special projects.
• Order and maintain supplies and office equipment; provide price comparisons as requested.
• Process invoices/receipts for payment and assist departments’ use of purchase card system.
• Create and/or maintain files for departments.
• Create and/or maintain departmental archives, including faculty newspaper articles, publications, lecture notes.
• Create and/or maintain departmental and production databases with responsibility for accuracy, up-dating and mail merges, mailing lists, report creation, etc.
• Maintain scholarship and recruiting data with department chairpersons; track and monitor scholarships and report as required.
• Assure deliveries made to the BSC loading dock are delivered to the correct party.
• Oversee package delivery
o Items requiring refrigeration are to be taken care of immediately.
o Live animals and/or hazardous materials are to be handled properly.
• Process Physical Plant and CNS work orders.
• Maintain semester/annual department calendars. Distribute/post as required.
• Assist with department and department-sponsored events, including room reservations and scheduling.
• Attend meetings, take notes and transcribe minutes.
To apply, send a letter of application, resume, names and contact information for three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send application materials to: Kathy Moore, Human Resources Manager, Muskingum University, 163 Stormont Street, New Concord, Ohio 43762, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. “
Muskingum University is an equal opportunity employer.