All students, as well as members of the faculty and administrative staff, should become familiar with the contents of this Handbook.
The Student Handbook includes all the Muskingum University regulations regarding the rights and responsibilities students have at Muskingum University. These policies and expectations have been developed to facilitate student growth and learning.
The regulations presented outline both student rights and student responsibilities. The Handbook is not a static document. We make changes in the Handbook each year to strengthen our procedures and students should be aware of changes that affect their participation on campus. The Handbook also outlines the procedures students can follow if they believe they have been treated inappropriately or unfairly. We urge students to seek out an advisor if they believe they have been treated in ways that violate the principles that are outlined.
Students are responsible for knowing the policies and standards of conduct. Admission at Muskingum is considered acceptance of the standards specified herein. However, the provisions of this handbook do not constitute a contract between the student and Muskingum University. Muskingum University reserves the right to modify this document when needed.
General University Policies
- Accuracy of Student Information
- Alcohol Event Policy
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Reasonable Accommodations
- Anti-Hazing Policy
- Disability Discrimination Grievance Procedure
- Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Gender-Based and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Greek Affairs Policies
- Missing Student Notification (as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act)
- Non-Discrimination Statment
- Off Campus Behavior Policy
- Organization Policy
- Parental Notification
- Peer Harassment Policy and Reporting Procedures
- Posting and Distribution Policy
- Promotions and Publicity Policy
- Residence Life Policies
- Social Event Policy
- Solicitation, Sales, and Fundraising Events
- Statement on Computer Ethics
- Transportation Policy
- Vehicle and Parking Regulations