Muskingum University offers programs that lead to licensure or certification. These programs prepare students for licensure or certification based on the requirements set by the State of Ohio. Students who plan to seek licensure or certification in other states will need to contact that State Licensure Board for specific requirements.
Our programs hold AAQEP Accreditation - the education profession's "seal of approval" - which signifies that we meet or exceed the national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other school specialists, and that our up-to-date, relevant, and research-based educational experience will prepare you well for your teacher and education specialist licensing examinations.
Our graduates find employment in public and private pre-schools, schools districts, and other early childhood educational settings.
The mission of the Muskingum Educator Preparation Program is to develop educational leaders who encourage, equip, and empower all students.
The vision of the Muskingum Educator Preparation Program is to offer quality programs in the context of a caring, professional community. Furthermore, and primarily, it is the Program's vision to develop educators who will serve a diverse and global society through leadership based on knowledge of human development, discipline-specific content, and pedagogy.
PROGRAM LEARNING GOALS
- Help students develop intellectually, ethically, socially, and physically (Student Growth and Development).
- Set learning goals and plan and implement learning activities and assessments that ensure that all learners are both successful and challenged (Instruction and Assessment).
- Create learning environments that empower students by encouraging positive social interactions, active engagement in learning, self-motivation, democratic decision-making, equity, and social justice (Learning Environments).
- Reflect on instruction and assessment in order to improve student learning (Reflection).
- Actively seek opportunities to grow professionally (Professional Growth).
- Serve and lead in communities of learners, including classrooms, schools, and the wider communities (Leadership).
- Use knowledge of individuals, families, communities, and cultures to create communities of learners (Collaboration with Partners Outside the School Setting).
- Recognize the importance of working cooperatively with teachers, staff, and administrators to create positive school cultures (Collaboration with Partners Within the School Setting).