The Multi-Age Education program prepares individuals to teach in Pre-K through grade 12 (ages three through 21) in Music, Visual Arts, and Spanish.
Our program holds CAEP Accreditation – the education profession’s “seal of approval” – which signifies that we meet or exceed the national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other school specialists, and that our up-to-date, relevant, and research-based educational experience will prepare you well for your teacher licensing examinations.
- Multiple opportunities to interact in field experience settings with students, one-on-one, in small groups, and full class discussions.
- Develop effective collaboration strategies with students, families, other teachers, and school staff.
- Learn how to recognize the individual needs of each student and nurture an attitude of discovery and acknowledgement, so all can achieve their potential.
- Help others appreciate the possibilities of students with special needs.
- Qualify to join Muskingum’s chapter of Kappa Delta Pi – the International Honor Society in Education – and connect with a fellowship of top educators and opportunities for career-long professional development excellence.
- Participate in networking events, workshops, seminars, and conferences presented by professional associations spanning a wide variety of education topics.
You will be ready to earn your license from the State of Ohio to teach children in grades Pre-K through 12 (ages 3-21).
Our graduates find employment in public and private pre-schools, school districts, and other educational settings.
Muskingum University offers programs that lead to licensure or certification. These programs prepare students for licensure or certification based on the requirements set by the State of Ohio. Students who plan to seek licensure or certification in other states will need to contact that State Licensure Board for specific requirements.