The Multi-Age Education program prepares individuals to teach in Pre-K through grade 12 (ages three through 21) in Music, World Language (French, German, Spanish),and Visual Arts.
Our program holds CAEP Accreditation – the education profession’s “seal of approval” – which signifies that we meet or exceed the national professional standards for the preparation of teachers and other school specialists, and that our up-to-date, relevant, and research-based educational experience will prepare you well for your teacher licensing examinations.
- Multiple opportunities to interact in field experience settings with students, one-on-one, in small groups, and full class discussions.
- Develop effective collaboration strategies with students, families, other teachers, and school staff.
- Learn how to recognize the individual needs of each student and nurture an attitude of discovery and acknowledgement, so all can achieve their potential.
- Help others appreciate the possibilities of students with special needs.
- Qualify to join Muskingum’s chapter of Kappa Delta Pi – the International Honor Society in Education – and connect with a fellowship of top educators and opportunities for career-long professional development excellence.
- Participate in networking events, workshops, seminars, and conferences presented by professional associations spanning a wide variety of education topics.
You will be ready to earn your license from the State of Ohio to teach children in grades Pre-K through 12 (ages 3-21).
Our graduates find employment in public and private pre-schools, school districts, and other educational settings.