Digital Content Manager
The Department of Strategic Marketing and Communications at Muskingum University is seeking a dynamic, creative and highly collaborative, Digital Content Manager, for a full-time, 12-month appointment. He/she will develop and deliver thoughtful, engaging, and vibrant content that tells the Muskingum University story through its various digital channels, including its website and social media pages. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Strategic Marketing and Communications team and campus partners to develop and implement strategies for high-quality, dynamic, integrated, and compelling digital user experiences based on engaging and relevant content.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, the Digital Content Manager will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Develop creative, vibrant, and engaging digital content and user experiences that are consistent with institutional priorities and work to strengthen the University’s brand.
- Act as primary manager of the University’s website, ensuring that all content meets regular maintenance with the Drupal-based Content Management System. Duties included but not limited to adding news and event information, creating new pages, updating content pages, serving as liaison to decentralized web content owners, and maintaining standards for appearance and usability.
- Develop and enforce policies associated with the University’s website, email, and social media, exercise Google analytics to identify opportunities to improve digital experience for users. Optimize existing web pages and digital properties to support University goals.
- Managed social media channels, develop dynamic monthly content calendars, manage and respond to social communities, messages, and comments.
- Develop and implement digital campaigns for social media and other digital platforms that promote the University and garner data which may include goal setting, demographics, geographical info, budgetary (if paid), and post campaign reporting.
- Serve as the University’s email marketing lead, promote best practices, test new methods, messages and techniques to increase open and click rates, maintain email lists and email communications calendar.
- Regularly consult with University departments and offices to support their strategic goals; seek opportunities to inform, coach, and educate internal constituencies on web content and social media.
- Continually pursue new opportunities to advance the University’s digital presence with external audiences including the student audience (e.g., Minute with a Muskie, etc.), and engage in self-education opportunities that enhance the field through research, publications, presentations, participation in regional and national associations, as well as contribution to discussions and developments.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, marketing, or related field of study.
- Three (3) or more years of experience managing websites, web-based applications, social media management tools, and social media channels; ability to understand audiences’ social media frequency and participation to create and tailor programming to increase followers, impressions, and engagement.
- Experience with Google Analytics and search engine optimization, social media algorithms and metrics, and adjusting content strategy based on data.
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email strategy and social media channels, experience creating and managing campaigns such as Constant Contact and/or MailChimp.
- Excellent project management and communication skills, as well as willingness to contribute to team efforts by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Supervise student worker and/or intern.
- Ability to work nights and weekends to cover events for social media.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications.
Applications must include a cover letter describing the candidate’s experience in relation to the stated job responsibilities, a resume, a list of 3 professional references and a salary request to Michelle L. Ball, Executive Director of Strategic Marketing and Communications, email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of your email. This position will remain open until filled; however, priority consideration will be given to those who apply prior to June 18, 2021.
The university actively seeks out and welcomes faculty and staff who are committed to excellence in teaching and student learning, thrive in a collaborative environment of scholars, embrace experiential learning, consider the engagement of diverse communities in the educational experience, and desire to mentor a multicultural student population. As an equal opportunity employer, Muskingum welcomes applications from individuals from populations which have been historically underrepresented in the academy and/or have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds.
Muskingum University does not discriminate in its employment or educational programs or activities. Please visit https://www.muskingum.edu/non-discrimination-statement to review the university’s official non-discrimination statement.