Muskingum University Scholarship & Award Provisions
1. A student must be enrolled on a full-time basis in order to receive the following types of scholarships and awards from Muskingum. Please consult the chart below for scholarship and award renewal criteria.
|John Glenn Scholarship||3.0 cumulative GPA|
|Education Department Scholarship, Science Division Scholarship||2.75 cumulative GPA and continuation in major|
|Muskingum Academic Scholarship, International Student Scholarship||2.5 cumulative GPA|
|General Motors EEOC Scholarship||2.8 cumulative GPA|
|Departmental Scholarships - Art, Digital Media Design, Forensics, Journalism, Music, or Theatre||must meet departmental GPA and participation requirements|
|PLUS Opportunity Award||2.0 cumulative GPA, earn 12 credits per semester, participate in Premier Level PLUS services|
|Muskie Award, International Award, Housing Scholarship, Impact Scholarship||Satisfactory Academic Progress*|
* The SAP Policy may be viewed at: https://www.muskingum.edu/financial-aid/satisfactory-academic-progress
2. Academic standing is reviewed at the end of each semester. Students who fall below the standard for academic scholarship renewal will receive a warning and be given one semester to improve their academic standing before losing their scholarship or award. Students with Departmental Scholarships should consult with the department regarding criteria for renewal.
3. Students who lose their scholarship may appeal the decision in writing to the Student Financial Services Office. Students may regain eligibility for their scholarship by achieving the required cumulative GPA in a subsequent semester.
4.Scholarship and award amounts remain constant for the duration of attendance at Muskingum except for the John Glenn Scholarship which is adjusted annually to match tuition (excluding overload charges) and International Scholarships which are adjusted annually to cover the same percentage of tuition. Performance Awards may vary based on level of participation. Annual scholarship and award amounts are disbursed to the student's account in equal semester installments.
5. The standard duration of scholarships and awards is four years, or eight regular (fall and spring) semesters, with the exception of the PLUS Opportunity Award which is limited to three years. Permission to use the scholarship or award beyond eight semesters may be granted on a case-by-case basis.
6. To be considered for need-based financial assistance in addition to scholarships and awards, students must annually file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Non need-based Muskingum assistance will be included as part of a financial aid package.
7. In cases where Academic Scholarships, Muskingum Awards, Performance Awards, or Awards of Circumstance are made or increased after a need-based financial aid package has been offered, the total increase in Muskingum-funded aid is limited to $1,000 (for a single increase or additional award), or $1,500 (for multiple increases or additional awards).
8. Annual scholarship, award and grant assistance from Muskingum University is capped at 75% of tuition (except for John Glenn Scholarship recipients). Students may still receive financial aid from federal, state and other external sources which is capped at total cost of attendance.