Financial Aid

Financial Aid for Graduate Education

Master of Occupational Therapy 

Financial Aid Process for MOT Students

Education (MAE, MAT, EDSP, Licensure, Endorsement)

Information for students enrolling in courses between:

June 5, 2023 through May 2024

June 3, 2024 through May 2025

Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS), Master of Applied Leadership (MAL), and Doctor of Applied Leadership (DAL)

Information for students enrolling in courses between:

June 6, 2022 and June 2023

June 5, 2023 and June 2024

Loan Repayment and Forgiveness Programs for Teachers and Those in Public Service

Visit the Student Aid website to find your federal loan servicer and how much you have borrowed.

Loan Forgiveness Options

Direct Loan Interest Rates

Loan Repayment Calculator

Policies, Rights and Responsibilities

Policies, Rights & Responsibilities | Muskingum University

Student Consumerism Information

Cohort Default Rate

The FY 2019 three-year cohort default rate (the most recent data available) is a snapshot of the cohort of borrowers whose first loan repayments came due between Oct. 1, 2018, and Sept. 30, 2019, and who defaulted on or before Sept. 30, 2021.

The FY 2019 three-year national student loan cohort default rate is 2.3%. Muskingum's FY 2019 three-year cohort default rate is 0.6%.


Cost of Attendance

To determine loan amounts, budgets for each program are constructed for each term using tuition and average loan fees. The budget also includes estimates for books and supplies and living expenses. For more information on student budgets and cost of attendance please contact Student Financial Services at 740-826-8139.

Choose Ohio First Scholarship

Choose Ohio First

Choose Ohio First Scholarship (COFS) awards are funded through a grant from the Ohio Department of Higher Education and are intended to advance Ohio’s position in world markets in the areas of science and technology. The Muskingum COFS program is designed to increase the number of students entering and advancing in STEMM-related (science, technology, engineering, math, and medicine) fields of study. In accordance with state requirements, the scholarship carries with it a service obligation, which involves participation and leadership in activities to foster the development of current and future science students.

Scholarship recipients must be Ohio residents. Graduate programs eligible for COFS awards include Master of Business Information Systems, Master of Occupational Therapy, and Master of Arts in Education and Master of Arts in Teaching for students pursuing science or math licensure.

Interested students should contact their academic advisor or Janeen Eno at


For information on Financial Assistance for veterans, please visit our Veteran Services page.


Back to top