Financial Aid Offer Resource Page
Welcome to our Financial Aid Offer Resource Page!
We know that the financial aid process can be overwhelming and time-consuming. This page is designed to help you navigate the financial aid process easily and efficiently. Below we have created a Financial Aid Timeline to help you know when, where, and how to navigate the financial aid process. The timeline will go over the steps that occur after you have received your Muskingum University Financial Aid Offer. While this timeline provides a general timeframe for the completion of financial aid tasks, many tasks can be completed at any time prior to the start of the 2023-2024 academic year (so, don’t worry if you complete a task outside the suggested timeframe)!
Financial Aid Timeline
DECEMBER 2022 THROUGH MARCH 2023
Receive Financial Aid Offer
- If you have been accepted to Muskingum and have completed the FAFSA (www.fafsa.gov), you should expect to receive a Financial Aid Offer within 2 weeks of submitting your FAFSA application. Make sure you have listed Muskingum on your FAFSA. Our school code is 003084.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions about your Financial Aid Offer. You can reach us at 740-826-8139 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ready to be a Muskie? Your next step is to Pay your Admission Deposit!
APRIL 2023 THROUGH JULY 2023
If borrowing the Direct Loans listed on your Financial Aid Offer:
Attend a Muskie Preview Day (dates in May, June, and July)
- Our Admission Office will let you know when to register for Muskie Preview. You will have to pay the Admission Deposit prior to registration.
- At Muskie Preview you will learn more about financing options (including payment plan and loans) and reporting outside scholarships. You will also have the opportunity for an individual meeting with your financial aid counselor.
- After Muskie Preview, you will know how to access MuskeLink to accept, reduce, or decline the loans listed on your Muskingum Financial Aid Offer. MuskieLink will replace your Admission Status Page for accessing your Financial Aid Offer and other important information.
Receive the first-semester billing statement in July
- The amount due should be about half the amount listed as your Expected to Pay amount on your aid offer (less any loans for you decline).
Report the receipt of Outside Scholarships
- You are required to report any scholarship that you receive outside of Muskingum that are over $100. You may report an outside scholarship at any time.
Make financing decisions
- Determine how you will pay your remaining balance:
- Pay by Semester
- Payment Plan
- Parent PLUS or Private Loan
- Other (VA Benefits, 529 Plan)
- Combination of the above options
- Payment or payment arrangements are due mid-August
- If you are planning to work on campus, have your passport, original birth-certificate or social security card available during move-in/orientation.
- If the Muskingum Loan was included in your Financial Aid Offer, check your Muskingum email account for an email from SignMyLoan. You will need to follow the instructions within that email to complete the Master Promissory Note.
- Get ready for your second year at Muskingum!
- Start the 2024-2025 financial aid process by completing the 2024-2025 FAFSA anytime on or after October 1, 2023 and preferably before April 1, 2024.
- Receive the second semester billing statement for the 2023-2024. Payment is due at the beginning of January 2024.
Other Important Information
- Completing Verification
- Student Employment
- Financial Aid Policies, Rights, and Responsibilities
- Student Charges and Billing
- Federal Direct Loans, Parent PLUS Loans, and Private Loans
- Other Resources (loan calculators, scholarship search)
- Contact your Financial Aid Counselor
- College Bound Citizens Financial Wellness Hub
- Video Resources ( How to apply for loans, pay your bill etc.)