Residence Life

Residence Requirements

Muskingum is a residential university which requires all undergraduate students to live on campus and maintain a university meal plan for a minimum of 6 semesters.

Students who are 25 years of age or older at the time residency begins are not required to live in campus housing. Students 25 years of age or older must request permission to live in campus housing from the Vice President of Student Affairs or his/her designee.

Exceptions are made for:

  • Students who commute from their parents’/guardian’s home (within a 30 mile radius to Muskingum University); or
  • Students who are married or have children; or
  • Students who transfer from a previous institution and either lived on campus for the equivalent of 6 semesters, or lived at home with their parent/guardian.

Any exceptions to this residential requirement should be directed to the Dean of Students or his/her designee.

First-year and transfer room assignments are mailed in mid-summer and include the student’s assigned hall, room number, and the name and e-mail address of their assigned roommate.

The Student Life Office can provide a list of known accommodations to students who are eligible and wish to live in New Concord or the surrounding areas. Off-campus accommodations are not facilitated by the Student Life Office.

Back to top