Residence Life

Residence Life

Muskingum University is a true residential community, where more than 90 percent of students live on campus or in the village of New Concord. So where will you live?

Muskingum’s living options range from traditional residence halls, sorority, fraternity and social club houses to Lakeside houses, and townhouses.

On the East and West campus hills you’ll find housing with newly furnished lounges, computer labs, and laundry facilities. Each of our six traditional residence halls has a personality of its own- with the layouts, furniture, and building style differing from the next. All of our traditional halls are outfitted with Proximity Access Card readers, permitting only the residents assigned to the building to access them with their student ID cards.

After your first year, you may want to consider living in some of our alternative housing options. Located on Lakeside Drive on the east side of campus, students can apply to live with friends in our Lakeside houses. Located near the softball field on the west side of campus, students can apply to live in our Townhouses, a very independent living option. These alternative housing options are not outfitted with the Proximity Access Card reading system currently.

Regardless of where you live, you’ll find residential life at Muskingum is more than just a place to live. All of our facilities provide the chance to belong to a community within the larger campus. You’ll quickly feel right at home – and if you’re looking for someone to share a late night pizza, compare notes, or take an early morning jog around the track, you won’t have to go far!

Housing Selection Information

Housing selection information for all rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors can be found here: Housing Selection Booklet. 

For incoming first-year students a Housing Preference Form will be filled out when you are on campus for Muskie Preview. Freshman are housed in double rooms within Thomas (co-ed by floor), Memorial (all male), and Moore (all female) Halls.

For information on Gender Inclusive Housing please contact the Director of Residence Life at If you feel that you need specific living accommodations, including an Emotional Support Animal and Medical Single, please reach out to the Disability Education Office to discuss the process at

Townhouse/Lakeside House Selection 

If you are interested in living in a Townhouse or Lakeside house, groups of six must apply on Roompact no later than 5pm on Monday, March 16. The application will be available on Roompact starting February 26 and can be found here. Selection for Townhouse or Lakeside houses will take place at 5pm on Wednesday, March 18 in the TOC. 

Permission to Live Off Campus Forms

Forms can be picked up in the Student Life Office. Forms must be completed in their entirety before being submitted and approved (must include off-campus address). All forms are due by 5pm on Tuesday, March 31. Muskingum University is a residential campus and has a 6-semester residency requirement. The full policy can be found here. Please remember to speak with representatives in Student Financial Services to address all financial responsibility and changes before submitting your request. 


In Search of a Roommate? 

Many students are looking for a roommate for the upcoming year. We are here to help! The Residence Life Office will be hosting Roommate Socials on the following days. Please stop by to meet potential roommates and enjoy some ice cream! 

  •     Thursday, March 12, 8pm in TOC
  •     Thursday, March 19, 7pm in TOC
  •     Thursday, March 26, 7pm in TOC


If you currently live in a double residence hall room and would like to live in the same room for next year, you must come up to the Student Life Office between 9am-5pm on March 23-25. Squatters must bring their desired roommate with them or send the ‘Authorization to House’ form and ‘Housing License and Food Service Plan’ completed. Rooms not available for squatting are determined to be specialty housing (i.e. singles, quads, triples, Townhouses/Lakeside houses, all Thomas Hall rooms, and Memorial/Moore Hall rooms). 


**Single, Triple, and Quad Selection**

If you would like to live in a single, triple, or quad next year you need to fill out the Roompact form by 5pm on Thursday, March 19. The application will be available on Roompact starting February 26 and can be found here. Signing up for this process does not guarantee you will get one of these spaces, it is only to notify the office of your interest and plans to go through the process. The selection process for singles, triples, and quads will take place Monday, March 23 at 5pm in the TOC. 


Lottery Numbers

Lottery numbers will be emailed out to all students who are eligible to live on campus by Wednesday, February 26. Please check your email for your lottery number. If you lose the email or forget your number, you can find it on the list of numbers posted in the TOC and at the front desks of each lobby. 


**Doubles Draw-Tuesday, March 31, 4pm in Chess Center Social Hall**

Anyone who does not select a specialty housing option will participate in Doubles Draw. Both roommates should attend or send the ‘Authorization to House’ form and ‘Housing License and Food Service Plan’ completed. Lottery numbers will be called determining the order of rooms selected. The best number for the pair will serve as the number for the pair to come forward and select from available rooms. 


Summer 2020 Housing 

If you are working on campus or in the local community over the Summer and would like to stay on-campus, applications for Summer Housing are in the Student Life Office starting on February 13. The form is due by 5pm on April 8th. 


Questions about Housing?

Contact: Alison Adams
Director of Residence Life
Muskingum University
TOC 216

Back to top