Our Communication major will provide you with a thorough understanding of the communication processes used in contemporary society as well as an appreciation for the historical, technological, literary, and dramatic heritage of communication.
You will hone your skills in oral communication, communication technology, and production through your classes and your involvement with Orbit Media – our student-run FM-radio station, cable TV access channel, and newspaper – and with our intercollegiate Forensics Team and our Theatre Department productions.
- Hands-on experience in our Orbit Media outlets: WMCO 90.7 class A 1.32 KW FM radio station, Orbit Television Channel 9 cable access television channel, and The Black & Magenta student newspaper.
- Intercollegiate Forensics Team competitions with other university students in Ohio and across the country.
- Stage performance and production experience through our Theatre Department.
- Original research in your area of interest: partner with faculty members to explore new aspects of the communication field and communication’s role in our society.
- Internship opportunities with media outlets, businesses, and non-profit organizations.
- Participate in networking events, workshops, seminars, conferences, and national competitions presented by key professional organizations in the communication field.
You will enter the workforce ready to contribute your professional communication abilities in a wide variety of settings. Our Communication graduates find employment in the media, public relations, marketing, advertising, business communications, and non-profit organizations