How Can I Change my Password?
If you know your password:
- Log into your Microsoft 365 email account
- Click on the gear icon (Settings) at the top of the page near your initials
- Click on "Change your password"
The password requirements are:
- At least 8 characters long and must contain at least one character from at least 3 of the 4 following types of characters:
- Upper case
- Lower case
- Special characters
It is recommended not to use any actual words/names in your password, as the system may reject the password as too easy to guess.
If you need to reset your password:
- Come to CNS in person. We are located in 331 Boyd Science Center. Please bring a photo ID with you.
- Call CNS at 740-826-8050. We will ask you for identifying information that we will confirm before resetting your password.
How Can I Access my E-mail Account?
There are multiple ways to access your email account.
- Web - Microsoft 365 Portal
- i-device and Android - Download Microsoft Outlook from your app store.
Is There a Quota on my E-mail Account?
All email accounts have a 1GB quota.
Are There Attachment Size-Limits On Incoming Or Outgoing E-mails?
Muskingum restricts e-mail messages to 20MB in total size.
Is It Possible to Change My Address?
It is NOT possible to change your email address except under extreme conditions. Your address determines your username for all systems on the Muskingum University Network, thus changing it would affect your access to services and records on our network.
Users who find their accounts compromised can visit CNS during business hours. A photo ID is required to reset passwords.
Users who find their accounts flooded with spam and junk mail can review their options in the following section.