Join our Spanish language community at Muskingum University. We offer a hands-on and immersion language-learning environment where you will enjoy a small student to professor ratio and will have the opportunity to interact on a daily basis with our language assistants: native speakers from Spain and Argentina. Our sense of community will make you feel at home and will show you the door to so many adventures and opportunities.
- Internships including a paid, year-long English Teaching Assistantship at Universidad de Castilla La Mancha (UCLM), in Spain
- Independent research projects conducted in Spanish
- Senior seminar projects on a specific area of Hispanic literature, culture, or international business
- Study abroad through an exchange program with the Blas Pascal University in Córdoba, Argentina, and Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, in Spain
- Practice Spanish with Language Assistants from Argentina and Spain
- Study abroad at exchange-partner universities and/or with faculty members
- Obtain a teaching license in Spanish
- Supportive classrooms with an emphasis on student/faculty contact
- Time to research literary, cultural or cinema topics and submit their work to local and national conferences
- Develop leadership skills through Spanish Club, Phi Sigma Iota and individualized internships
Students in our Spanish program have the foundation to go on to careers in translation/interpreting, journalism/broadcasting, public relations, intelligence/law enforcement, sales, travel and tourism, mission work, the Peace Corps.
After completing our program, students have pursued graduate degrees at schools including Purdue University, Emory University, Ohio University, Kent State University, McGill University, Miami University, Northern Illinois University, Concordia University, Palmer College of Chiropractic, California University of Pennsylvania, and University of Pittsburgh.
Graduate school placement at The Ohio State University, Bowling Green State University, the University of Pittsburgh, University of Westminster (London), American University (Washington, D.C.), Palmer College of Chiropractic, New Mexico State University.
Corporate employment with Bank of America, Cardinal Health, Inc., and Epic Solutions.
Education employment at IMG Academy, Universidad de Castilla-La Mancha, and numerous USA public schools.
Employment with international non-profit organizations such as Montaña de Luz.