You must complete a major in addition to each schools' pre-requisite courses. Many students choose a major that requires courses that are part of the list of pre-requisites.
Be sure to examine the specific pre-requisites for the each school to which you plan to apply. The following are common courses listed as pre-requisites for several Clinical Degree in Physician's Assistant Programs.
- Biology 121: Anatomy & Physiology I & Biology 122: Anatomy & Physiology II
- Biology 226: Introduction to Cell and Molecular Biology
- Biology 312: Microbiology
- Chemistry 111: General Chemistry I & Chemistry 112: General Chemistry II
- The following courses are required by many Physician’s Assistant Programs - Chemistry 213: Organic Chemistry I & Chemistry 214: Organic Chemistry II Chemistry 418/419: Biochemistry I or II
- Psychology 101: Introduction to Psychology
- * For University of Findlay: Math 140: Practical Statistics or higher
- * For Marietta College: Psychology 363: Abnormal Psychology
- * For University of Findlay: Phen 121 & Phen 122 General physics with labs
- Sociology 101: The Sociological Perspective
- Health Science 110: Medical Terminology I & Health Science 111: Medical Terminology II