You must complete a major in addition to each schools' pre-requisite courses. Many students choose a major that requires courses that are part of the list of pre-requisites.
Be sure to examine the specific pre-requisites for the each school to which you plan to apply. The following are common courses listed as pre-requisites for several Clinical Degree in Occupational Therapy Programs.
- Biology 111: Organismal Biology I & Biology 107: Laboratory I
- Biology 112: Organismal Biology II & Biology 108: Laboratory II
- Biology 121: Anatomy & Physiology I & Biology 122: Anatomy & Physiology II
- * For Cleveland State: Biology 346: Pathophysiogy & Biology 368: Fundamental Neuroscience
- Chemistry 111: General Chemistry I & Chemistry 112: General Chemistry II
- Psychology 101: Introduction to Psychology
- Psychology 232: Behavioral Statistics or Math 140: Practical Statistics
- Psychology 363: Abnormal Psychology
- * For Cleveland State: Psychology 208: Lifespan Development
- Sociology 101: The Sociological Perspective
- English 121: Composition
- English 201: Advanced Writing OR English 202 Business Writing
- Health Science 110: Medical Terminology I & Health Science 111: Medical Terminology II
Recommended Courses: Advanced Physiology of Exercise, Kinesiology, Sports Medicine
It is recommended to also have 40 hours of observation.
Job Shadowing Experiences
- Altmann West, Massillon, OH
- Genesis Center for Occupational & Outpatient Rehabilitation (COOR), Zanesville, OH
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
- Concorde Kids, Canton, OH
- Kettering Health Network, Dayton, OH and surrounding areas