Pre-Health Programs at Muskingum University provide you with the coursework, research opportunities, co- and extra-curricular activities, and the rigorous training required to gain admission to the health professional school of your choice and to succeed in these programs.
Through the Liberal Arts and Sciences education and the close student-faculty interactions that are hallmarks of a Muskingum University experience, you will be equipped to be successful in all of the health areas which include medicine, dentistry, veterinary, pharmacy, physician assistant, physical therapy, chiropractic, and optometry.
The following links will be helpful if you are interested in pursuing advanced or professional degrees in the following fields:
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- Pre-Physical Therapy
- Pre-Physician Assistant
- You will receive a well-rounded education that is important for success in the health professions.
- You will have opportunities for interactions with admissions officers and other professionals from many different health professions, through visits by the admissions officers to Muskingum or visits by our Pre-Health students to Health Professions schools in the region.
- Opportunities abound for forging connections with alums from the multiple health profession areas, which lead to mentoring by the alums.
- You will receive close guidance from faculty from day one on entering the Pre-Health Programs at Muskingum University, and especially as you approach the time for applying to the Health Professions schools. This includes information on the specific centralized application services and preparing for the various standardized exams required by the health professions programs (MCAT, DAT, PCAT, GRE).
- The recently formed Pre-Health Club facilitates close interactions among students that are in the various Pre-Health Programs, which allows for mutual support for each other.
Well above the national average for percentage of applicants gaining admission into Health Professions schools.
Recent graduates have gained admission to a variety of health professions schools in the state of Ohio and beyond.
Students in the Pre-Health Programs at Muskingum have gone on to earn dual degrees while in professional school, including MD/PhD, MD/MPH, and other combinations tailored to their interests.
COORDINATOR: Dr. Amy Santas
Professor of Biology