PLUS Early Connection Program
Participate in the PLUS Early Connection Program this Summer!
The PLUS Early Connection Program is a summer transition program designed to assist incoming freshman PLUS students in making the transition to college.
With the University shifting classes a week early, the Early Connection Program will begin on Monday, August 3rd . Students will participate in an General Education course, History 105. This course will be taught virtually via Zoom. Students will have an opportunity to earn an additional 3 credit hours which will be finished by week 5 of the term, freeing up time to focus on the other Fall courses and fulfill a general education requirement.
Benefits of the PLUS Early Connection Program are:
- Get a head start on navigating a class using a variety of technology resources as the Fall semester courses may incorporate a blended approach
- Intensive strategy instruction to support success in college
- Build familiarity with academic platforms such as Teams, Zoom, Blackboard, Outlook
- Have the opportunity to make social connections that will carry over when students arrive on campus
- Begin building a partnership with a Learning Consultant in the PLUS Program
- Receive explicit self-advocacy training essential in the process of using ADA accommodations
- Learn from and ask questions to an upper-class peer mentor
- Develop an individual study plan for Fall semester
Participation in the program allows students to move in Saturday, August 15, which is one day earlier than other new students, so they have time to settle in and tour campus with PLUS allowing students to find their classrooms before class begins.
Technology Requirements for Early Connection Program are:
- Web camera or a computer with a build in web camera
- Ability to access and navigate Zoom
Participation in this program is limited! The fee for this program has been adjusted and is now only $1000.00. If you are interested, please complete the online registration found below, send a $100 deposit* to the business office, and make sure that you have completed your PLUS application including all documentation.
*The $100 deposit is in addition to the deposit required to confirm attendance at Muskingum University. Deposits must be mailed by check to Student Accounts 10 College Drive, PO Box 1837 New Concord, OH 43762 or paid by credit/debit card by calling 740-826-8111. Please indicate that the deposit is for the Early Connection Program.
For questions, please contact Melissa Choate by phone at 740-826-6133 or by email at email@example.com.