The inaugural Muskingum University Magnus Leadership Awards for student leadership, impact, and service to the campus and local community were presented in a ceremony on April 23, 2019.
Students were honored in the following categories:
- East Hill Resident Assistant of the Year: Hope Worstell ‘19
- West Hill Resident Assistant of the Year: Gary Kinney ‘21
- 1837 Challenge, recognizing groups who have completed 1,837 or more combined community service hours: Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia, with 1,882 combined service hours.
- Muskie Impact Commitment to Service Award: Derrick Hill ‘19
- Student Committed to Diversity and Inclusion Award: Gary Kinney ‘21
- Intramural Referee of the Year: Colin Keck ‘19
- Recreation Student Staff Member of the Year: Grace Johnson ‘20
- The Unsung Hero Award: Lexie Wildermuth ‘21
- Greek Member of the Year Award: MacKenzie Lape ‘19
- Outstanding Fraternity or Sorority of the Year: Alpha Sigma Alpha
- Outstanding Student Organization of the Year: The Game Club
- Campus Program of the Year: Delta Color 5k
- Student Organization Advisor of the Year: Dr. Jim Dooley, Bill and Martha Lovejoy Distinguished Professor in Biology
- Staff Member of the Year: Stacey Allan, Director of Student Involvement and Leadership
- Staff Unsung Hero: Barb Shank, Administrative Assistant for the Student Life Office
- Emerging Leader of the Year: Samuel Wilson ‘22
- Student Leader of the Year: Jolyn Shunk ‘19
- Muskie of the Year: Chad Sinkovich ‘19
- Civic Newman Fellow: Gary Kinney ‘21
More information about the criteria for each award can be found here.