Find Digital Media (Videos, Sounds, and Images)
OhioLINK's Digital Resource Commons (DRC) is a statewide digital repository of multimedia resources and research tools.
Educational Films and Documentaries Educational Films & Documentaries contain full-length educational videos covering a wide variety of subjects. The collection currently includes videos from two distributors, Ambrose Video and Films for the Humanities & Sciences.
Encyclopedia of Physics Experiments Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations contains 600 videos of physics experiments available for viewing and downloading. Each video illustrates a particular principle of physics. The demonstrations are augmented by slow-motion photography and animation.
Foreign Language Video Instruction Foreign Language Video Instruction is a collection of video clips in which native speakers elaborate on a wide variety of topics about their culture, family, daily life, and more. Each video clip is accompanied by a description of its contents, the country of the speaker, and additional grammar and vocabulary notes. These videos are produced by the ViewPoints Project of the Five Colleges of Ohio consortium.
OhioLINK Music Center contains tens of thousands of digital music files, all available for educational use to the students, faculty and staff of OhioLINK's member institutions.
Naxos Music Library is a comprehensive collection of online classical music, offering over 85,000 tracks. Music is available for listening at a library computer using headphones or from any computer on campus connected to the network. Please remember click on the red Logout button when you are done using this database! more information
Borror Laboratory of Bioacoustics The Borror Laboratory houses one of the largest collections of recorded animal sounds in the world. Founded by the late Dr. Donald Borror, Professor of Entomology and Zoology at The Ohio State University, the collection contains more than 30,000 recordings of over 1000 species of animals.
American Memory from the Library of Congress contains still and moving images, prints, maps, and sheet music that document the American experience.
Art and Architecture Collections include images from licensed art collections, plus contributions from Ohio museums, libraries, and universities.
- Akron Museum of Art
- ART Collection provides high-quality, digital images of works of art from museums around the world.
- Art and Architecture from the University of Cincinnati includes works by Eisenman, Fellheimer & Wagner, Latrobe, Elizabeth Nourse, and Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Saskia Art History Images is a collection of digital art images with a special emphasis on the core images required for teaching the history of Western Art.
- WPA prints by Cleveland artists contains high resolution scans of works of art by Cleveland artists, commissioned under the Works Progress Administration.
Historical & Archival Collections contains thousands of historical documents submitted from archives around the state. Some example collections include:
- Greek & Latin Inscriptions is a collection of digitized squeezes (accurate paper impressions) of inscriptions from Greece, Italy, and Macedonia.
- Historic Maps of Akron and Summit County, Ohio
- National Underground Freedom Center is a collection of documents related to slavery, abolition, and emancipation.
- E.W. Scripp's Papers, 1868-1826 is a collection of letters and photos of Edward Willis Scripps (1854-1926) who was a businessman and journalist associated with the founding of the Scripps Howard chain of newspapers and the United Press International independent news gathering company.
images.MD is a collection of 55,000+ medical images.
LANDSAT 7 Images of Ohio contains images of Ohio taken by the LANDSAT 7 satellite for the US Geological Survey starting in 1999. The images can be used to track growth of metropolitan areas, changes of natural resources, and other issues related to land usage in the state. The images are available in monochrome, color, infrared, and NDVI (Normalized Differential Vegetation Index) formats. more information
NYPL Digital Gallery contains 520,000 images from primary sources and printed rarities from the collections of The New York Public Library.
Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps of Ohio cities and villages produced created by the Sanborn Fire Insurance company during 1867-1970. These maps can be used to track development and for historical research.
Science Collection contains digital media supporting biology, environmental science, and geology.
Not sure how to get started on your research? Need help? There are many ways to ask us questions. We're here to help you!