ONLINE Intervention Specialist Gifted Endorsement
Muskingum’s Gifted Endorsement program is offered completely ONLINE!
Learn strategies and instructional skills to effectively work with talented and gifted students in Ohio K-12 schools
Why Choose Muskingum’s ONLINE Gifted Endorsement?
- Complete the 5-course endorsement in as little as one term
- Courses are offered in 2- and 5-week formats
- All courses are available ONLINE
- The fieldwork can be completed in your home district or in a summer experience at Muskingum University to fit your schedule
- Be qualified to serve one of the most underserved student populations
- Add the endorsement in the summer for new opportunities in the upcoming school year
Hours count toward earning master’s degree at Muskingum
For more information, to ask questions, receive a complementary audit, or register please contact Nancy at 740.826.8038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Muskingum’s ONLINE Gifted Endorsement is designed for licensed teachers seeking to work, and is fully approved by state and national accrediting agencies. The hours earned in this program can be used for renewal hours and count toward a master’s degree at Muskingum.
Gifted Intervention Specialist Endorsement Courses (19 credit hours)
- EDUC 527 Reading Strategies for Advanced Readers (3)
- EDUC 540 Characteristics and Assessment of the Gifted (3)
- EDUC 541 Curriculum & Instruction of the Gifted (3)
- EDUC 542 Guidance & Counseling of the Gifted (3)
- EDUC 543 Collaborative Partnerships for the Gifted (3)
- EDUC 549 Gifted Seminar (1)
- EDUC 688 Intervention Specialist Clinical Practice (3)*
*Can be completed in your home district or in a summer experience at Muskingum University.
For more information, to ask questions, receive a complementary audit or enroll in the program, please contact Nancy at 740.826.8038 or email@example.com
If you choose, you can complete the Master of Arts in Education by taking the following ONLINE courses and Practicum (13 Credit Hours):
- EDUC 605 Leading and Learning in a Culture of Change (3)
- EDUC 606 Invitational and Inclusive Education (3)
- EDUC 607 Applications of Educational Research (3)
- EDUC 608* Critical Pedagogy: The Transformational Educator (1)
Choose One of the Following:
- EDUC 700 Research Seminar & Project (3)
- EDUC 705/706 National Board Certification Process (1+2)
- EDUC 710 Practitioner Seminar and Project (3)
*Additional field hours are required
For a complete listing of MAE requirements, policies and procedures please refer to the Graduate Catalog (pdf).