Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
Choose a career in nursing, the most trusted profession in America, and begin to make a difference in the lives of patients, families and communities.
If you’ve already earned a bachelor’s degree in something other than nursing and are ready for a new career in an exciting field, consider the ABSN program at Muskingum. You’ll discover a new profession with many benefits: a promising job market; strong salaries and flexibility in terms of location, schedule, and type of working environment.
Our accelerated program, built on the strength of our traditional BSN program, offers a combination of online and face-to-face on-campus classes, allowing students to complete their degree in 15 months prepared with the knowledge and skills that employers demand.
About the Program
- A non-nursing bachelor’s degree or higher is required before admission
- A total of 28 semester hours of prerequisite coursework – 8 classes – in health and science must be completed satisfactorily prior to admission into the ABSN program; Request an audit
- For a complete listing of Nursing requirements, policies and procedures please refer to the Nursing Department Student Handbook
- All prerequisite courses are available at Muskingum; contact Macey Carson to schedule.
- A total of 71 semester hours of credit, beyond the pre-requisite courses, are required to earn the ABSN degree – 16 classes and labs (view curriculum)
- Students will be selected into a cohort each fall and follow a set rotation of courses throughout the program
- Clinical practicums prepare students for work in a variety of healthcare settings
- Critical thinking and technical skill development and practice in a state-of-the-art nursing laboratory
- Students will be prepared for the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) - BSN program has celebrated a 100% pass rate every year since 2016.
- Taught by experienced and supportive faculty
- Access to personal advising, academic resources and mentoring assists students in becoming independent and successful learners
- Financial aid is available
- Full approval from the Ohio Board of Nursing
- National accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)