Financial Aid for Undergraduate Students
Student Financial Services
163 Stormont Street
New Concord, OH 43762
Phone: 800-752-6082 or 740-826-8139
The IRS Data Retrieval Process
The IRS and U.S. Department of Education Office of Federal Student Aid (FSA) have collaborated to make transferring information from the IRS onto the 2018-2019 FAFSA simple. Transferring your information directly from the IRS is easy, fast and accurate.
- Log into your current year FAFSA or start a new application.
- In the finances section of the online form, you will see a “Link to IRS” button if you are eligible to use the IRS DRT.
- Click the “Link to IRS” button and log in with your FSA ID to be transferred to the IRS to retrieve your information.
- Once on the IRS site, enter your information EXACTLY as it appears on your federal income tax return and click the “Submit” button
- Check the “Transfer My Tax Information into the FAFSA Form” box, and click the “Transfer Now” button.
- You will know that your information has been successfully transferred because the words “Transferred from the IRS” will be displayed in place of the IRS information in your FAFSA form.
Please note that your tax information will not be displayed on either the IRS site or FAFSA.gov for your protection.
***Unfortunately, the DRT process is unavailable for the 2017-2018 FAFSA. Please note that other options are available to provide the appropriate tax and income information for verification purposes.***
Tax Return Transcripts
You can request Tax Transcripts online by going to the IRS webpage and following the directions provided.
You can request Tax Transcripts by calling 1-800-908-9946.
You can also download and complete Form 4506-T then mail or fax to the IRS.
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST TAX ACCOUNT TRANSCRIPTS AS THEY CAN NOT BE USED TO VERIFY TAX AND INCOME INFORMATION
Signed copies of 1040, 1040A/EZ
We can accept SIGNED copies of your 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ
If you have any questions regarding requests of Tax Transcripts or obtaining copies of your 1040, 1040A/EZ please contact our office at 740-826-8139
Verification of Non-Filing
The U.S. Department of Education requires proof that taxes were not filed. To provide this documentation, you can download and complete Form 4506-T (mark box 7) then mail or fax to the IRS.
Once you obtain your Verification of Non-Filing letter, please forward the information to us.
If you have any questions regarding requests of Tax Transcripts or obtaining copies of your 1040, 1040A/EZ or a verification of non-filing letter, please contact our office at 740-826-8139