Henry D. Bullock Health and Wellness Complex
Don't miss a moment with our BHWC Webcam.
BULLOCK HEALTH AND WELLNESS COMPLEX RENDERINGS
SUPPORT THE BULLOCK COMPLEX
- Make an online contribution to the BHWC
- Make a multi-year pledge to the BHWC
- Checks can be mailed to the address below.
(Please be sure to note it is for the BHWC and if it is for a specific group.)
P.O. Box 1837
New Concord, OH 43762-1837
A PLACE FOR EVERY MUSKIE
Muskingum’s Henry D. Bullock Health and Wellness Complex (BHWC), the largest capital project in its history, will dramatically expand and enhance facilities to support academic programs, athletics, recreation, and well-being. Construction began in summer 2020 on the 119,000 square-foot complex with completion scheduled for fall of 2022.
DYNAMIC PROGRAMMING IN THE BULLOCK COMPLEX WILL:
THE BULLOCK COMPLEX WILL FEATURE:
A Walk Through the Bullock Complex
- The Field Level will use the current turf field and track to host collegiate and high school competitions in football, soccer, lacrosse, and outdoor track and field.
- The Concourse Level provides hospitality facilities - including expanded concessions and ample restrooms - to serve the stadium's new traditional and non-traditional fully-accessible spectator seating.
- The Wellness Level is anchored by a 200-meter regulation indoor track surrounding a turf field that will serve our varsity athletic teams, intramural sports, and recreational activities. The main corridor of the Wellness Level overlooks the outdoor field and will be home to the state-of-the-art fitness area and diagnostic hub.
- The fitness area will offer a dynamic and energizing setting with advanced equipment, in a location allowing seamless integration of workout routines with the use of the track and turf field.
- The diagnostic hub is equipped with diagnostic and training technology, and connectivity for telehealth collaborations with regional healthcare professionals, businesses, and educational institutions. Both the Muskingum campus community and the broader community at large will benefit from education, training, and health services made possible by the diagnostic hub.
- The Classroom Level offers multi-purpose classrooms to meet the instructional needs of our expanding interdisciplinary programs, and to support community education offerings. On game days, these areas - which overlook the outdoor field - will serve as VIP spaces, media rooms, and coaches' boxes. Casual seating overlooking the indoor field will offer a relaxed gathering space for students and visitors, and bleachers around the upper oval will provide spectator seating for indoor track meets and other fieldhouse events.
A PLACE WHERE STUDENTS AND COMMUNITY CONNECT
The BHWC will attract and serve area residents and high school students along with Muskingum students, faculty, and staff. Health screenings and health education will be available to residents. The new athletic facilities will enable Muskingum to host high school competitions in multiple indoor and outdoor sports.
A PLACE WHERE ATHLETES DEVELOP TO THEIR FULL POTENTIAL
Exceptional training and performance facilities will help Muskingum student-athletes develop their physical skills with enhanced opportunities for strength and conditioning, sports medicine and rehabilitation, and nutrition and fitness guidance. Our football, lacrosse, soccer, softball, baseball, and track and field teams will now have access to year-round training.
A PLACE ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
The main entrance to the BHWC is at road level and will be fully accessible to persons of all abilities.
A PLACE CUSTOM BUILT FOR OUR CAMPUS
The BHWC will be built into the existing campus terrain.
The BHWC will allow entry and exit from both sides of the complex, as well as preserve existing views from Memorial Hall.