Our Nursing major’s pre-licensure (traditional) Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program track will prepare you to become a nurse and make a difference within a career field that is growing faster than the average for all occupations. Our community of caring faculty is ready to educate you for professional nursing practice, combining the best of Muskingum’s liberal arts and sciences with a structured nursing curriculum to build a comprehensive BSN program. Successful completion of our program allows you to sit for the the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) leading to the R.N. license.
- Coursework tailored to meet healthcare employers’ requirements and expectations for nursing practice
- Small class sizes that foster individual attention from experienced quality faculty
- Clinical practicums that prepare the graduate for work in a variety of healthcare settings, e.g. pediatric clinical practicums are held at Nationwide Children’s Hospital, a premier children’s hospital in Ohio
- Critical thinking and technical skill development and practice in a state-of-the-art nursing laboratory
- Opportunities to meet prospective employers prior to graduation
- Full approval from the Ohio Board of Nursing
- National accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
Our graduates had a 100% pass rate on the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) in 2016 and 2017.
We are proud to report 100% employment of our graduates with exceptional employer satisfaction feedback and enthusiasm after hiring Muskingum nursing graduates.