Our Music Education program prepares you to become a caring, competent, and collaborative teacher-leader who provides students with a quality music education. Our Music Education program leads to pre-K through 12 music licensure.
- Significant teaching and podium time, in both rehearsal and performance environments
- Numerous field experiences with master music education majors in a variety of classroom settings
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music since 1937
- Nine instrumental and vocal ensembles, plus numerous chamber groups for students with varied interests and experience levels
- A diverse concert and recital series, presenting more than 50 on and off campus events each year
- Performance scholarships to all students regardless of major
- Internships, fellowships, and research opportunities in music education and related fields
- Faculty mentorship and support beyond graduation
Music Education graduates consistently find employment in public and private schools or attend graduate school in music performance or music education.