Journalism Student Opportunities
- WMCO is a full-time FCC-licensed noncommercial radio station operating at 90.7 FM with 1.3 kilowatts and streaming 24/7.
- Orbit Television is Muskingum's own cable-access TV channel, providing local news and entertainment for the campus and community audience.
In addition to their coursework, journalism majors complete one internship. These can be local, national, or international. Here are some recent examples:
- Production work for AVC Communications in Cambridge.
- Reporting and production for WHIZ radio and television in Zanesville.
- Directing and production for WFMJ television in Youngstown.
- Video shooting and editing for Storied Rivals Sports Media in Zanesville.
Students in journalism have the opportunity to explore a variety of research fields through their senior seminar projects. Students produce cross-media in-depth reporting projects using written, audio, video, and photography mediums.
The Society for Professional Journalists gives students opportunities to connect with media organizations and professionals outside of Muskingum.
Students can work for Orbit Media (campus news organization) to be story editors, writers, photographers, graphic designers, and producers.