IRA Charitable Rollover
IRA Charitable Rollover.
Many alumni and friends find that an IRA charitable rollover provides an excellent vehicle for making their gifts to Muskingum. If you are 70½ or older you qualify.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us. We are a qualified 501c3 charity, EIN# 31-4379515. Please request the investment firm include your name with the check and mail it to:
Office of Institutional Advancement
PO Box 1837
New Concord, OH 43762
2. It is also helpful if you notify us to be expecting the contribution and from which investment company.
3. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help further our important educational work.
4. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
5. Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
• Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization
• Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
• Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
• Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
• Help IMPACT students’ lives!
If you have questions, please call our toll-free number, 1-866-687-5431, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.