Welcome to The Study Center
We offer free peer tutoring to all Muskingum University students.
Our mission is to provide the support that students need to succeed in classes that they find to be challenging. If you are struggling in any of your classes, please contact us to find out what we can do for you.
Walk-in Tutoring at the Study Center (Chess 317)
all times are PM
|CHEM 111, 213||6-9||6-9||7-9|
|CPSC 100, 211||4-7||4-7|
|ECON 215, 216||6-8||6-8|
|ENGL, Writing Center||6-9||4-9||5-9||4-9||4-9|
|MATH 100, 150, 170, 180, 190, 200||6-9||4-9||4-9||4-9||4-8|
Tutoring by Appointment
Making an appointment on Tutor Ocean
Log into Tutor Ocean at https://studycenter.tutorocean.com (It is important to use this link to access the Muskingum University site.)
- Click Sign Up
- Click Sign up as Student
- If you are already logged into Microsoft 365 on your device, you will be logged in automatically.
- If you are not logged in automatically, enter your Microsoft 365 username (full email address) and password.
- On the Dashboard, click Find Services at the top of the screen.
- Enter a subject in the search box at the top of the Tutor Profile page, then click Find Hosts.
- Choose a tutor and click their Profile to find available appointment times.
- Some appointments will offer you a choice to meet in-person at the Study Center in Chess 317 or online on Teams.
- Please note that logging into Tutor Ocean will allow access to your calendar for the purpose of appointment scheduling.
|Business||Chemistry||Computer Science||Criminal Justice|
- Small group study sessions
- Large group review sessions
- Academic consultation
- Academic probation support
Locations / Hours
The Study Center has two locations on campus.
Montgomery Study Center (Montgomery 207)
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Tutors are available by appointment
Chess Study Center - Open all day
Tutors on duty: Sunday 6:00-9:00 PM, Monday -Thursday 4:00-9:00 PM
For questions about tutoring or academic consultation, please contact:
Coordinator of Student Success Programs
Montgomery Hall 208
(740) 826-6154 (X6154)