General Engineering at Muskingum University is an innovative and integrated engineering program grounded in the liberal arts tradition. It gives you the knowledge, skills, and experience needed to compete for engineering positions in industry or to gain acceptance into a graduate program for further education. Muskingum engineers are prepared to positively impact society and humankind.
Our program starts with a broad background in physics and builds on this foundation with aspects of electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computational science, and material science.
- Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Small student-to-faculty ratio
- Hands-on laboratory experience in most courses
- Focus on interdisciplinary program solving of real-life engineering problems
- Implementation of engineering design and computational science across the curriculum
- Incorporation of latest software tools and hardware (MATLAB, SolidWorks, 3D printing)
General Engineering Enrollment and Graduation Data
|Academic Rank||Currently Enrolled|
|Year||Number of Graduates|
Our students’ pass rate for the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Exam is ~75%.
Graduate School: After graduation, our students have gone on to study, among others, automotive engineering, materials engineering, and bioengineering at different institutions across the nation.
Employment: General Engineering graduates have gone to work as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, research engineers, project engineers, product engineers, and process engineers, among others. Our graduates' employment rate is ~98% in the first 3 months after graduation.