About General Engineering
Graduates of the General Engineering, Physics, and Physics Education programs offered by the Department of Physics & Engineering at Muskingum University will:
- Engage in life-long learning.
- Be effective communicators.
- Be effective team members and leaders.
- Apply their education to diverse fields.
- Be successful professionals.
- Be socially engaged citizens.
Students who participate in this program will be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- demonstrate an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- demonstrate an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- demonstrate an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- demonstrate an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively.
- demonstrate the broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- demonstrate a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- demonstrate a knowledge of contemporary issues.
- demonstrate an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
- demonstrate an ability to compete for entry-level engineering positions in industry or engineering student positions in graduate school.