About General Engineering
Graduates of the General Engineering, Physics, and Physics Education programs offered by the Department of Physics & Engineering at Muskingum University will:
- Engage in life-long learning.
- Be effective communicators.
- Be effective team members and leaders.
- Apply their education to diverse fields.
- Be successful professionals.
- Be socially engaged citizens.
Students who graduate from this program will be able to:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgement to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.