Our Athletics Communication program, the first of its kind in the region, will provide you with hands-on learning in our NCAA Division III athletics environment, and a foundation to fill the need for qualified communication professionals in the sports industry. Through classroom study, student-faculty research, special guest athletics communication speakers, and numerous practicum opportunities, you will experience firsthand the global reach and power of sports.
- An emphasis on understanding and using the tools and technology of sports information and media
- Access to a program only offered in a select number of schools around the country
- Hands-on opportunities in an NCAA Division III athletics environment
- Internships with various professional and collegiate sport organizations
- Networking with numerous people in the sports industry
Our students graduate with familiarity in diverse aspects of athletics communication, including sports journalism, promotion and publicity, sports leadership, broadcast production and performance, social media, and sports media relations.
Athletics communication majors are well-positioned, highly-qualified candidates for jobs in college athletics, professional sport organizations, and numerous other opportunities in the sports industry market.
Our graduates are prepared to pursue an advanced degree utilizing their Athletics Communication skills.