Finals week. Daunting, exciting, insanely busy…and, thankfully for students, finally over! As Muskies navigated their way through studying (never cramming of course), occasionally sleeping, and preparing for the end of the semester, the University and community partners held a number of events to make the week as stress-free as possible.
- Finals Chill Zone: Sponsored by Counseling Services, Recreation Programs and MPB, the Chill Zone featured a hot chocolate bar, chair massages, board games, snacks, and various prizes.
- Free Pancake study break on Sunday, Dec. 8 at the New Concord Methodist Church
- Late Night Breakfast featuring food stations manned by President Hasseler, her husband Ken, and members of faculty and staff
- Numerous events in the TOC throughout the week were sponsored by Student Senate and centered around food (anybody else seeing a pattern?), including Motivation Monday, Toaster Tuesday, and Wrap-up Wednesday featuring breakfast burritos and breakfast sandwiches.
- A snack cart sponsored by the Library to help sustain those studying in the stacks.
- Various exam review sessions at the Chess Study Center, including opportunities to work directly with a tutor.
- Our friends at East 40 Church purchasing 40 one-topping pizzas from Wally's Pizza and $300 worth of drinks from Chapman's Coffee House for our students.
This is only a snapshot of campus events throughout the week designed to help students excel in the classroom, then head home with full stomachs! Continued good luck to all!