The Communication Studies major at Muskingum University is designed to provide you with an understanding of the communication processes found in contemporary society.
You will also gain an appreciation of the historical, technological, literary and dramatic heritage of communication and an opportunity to improve your skills in oral communication.
Communication Studies (31 semester hours for major)
Core Requirements (21 Credit Hours)
- COMM 200 Fundamentals of Speech Communication (3)
- COMM 246 Interpersonal Communication (3)
- COMM 325 Communication Theory (3)
- COMM 335 Small Group Communication (3)
- COMM 360 Research Methods (3)
- COMM 495 Seminar (3)
- MEDIA 210 Media Literacy (3)
Elective Requirements (10 Credit Hours)
Choose 4 of the following:
- COMM 301 Communication Practicum (1)
- COMM 340 Gender Communication (3)
- COMM 345 Interviewing (3)
- COMM 355 Organizational Communication (3)
- MEDIA 312 Electronic Media Structure and Content (3)
For a complete listing of MAP requirements, policies and procedures please refer to the Muskingum Adult Program Guidebook(pdf).