With a major in political science, you will learn both in and out of the classroom and apply your knowledge to real-world settings. You will gain an understanding of the nature of the political world and the connections between disciplines, learn how to think critically and solve complex problems, and explore both theoretical and practical solutions to pressing local, regional, national, and international problems.
- Flexibility to tailor the major to best meet career goals by focusing on American Politics, Public Administration and Policy, Comparative Politics, and/or International Relations.
- A focus on experiential learning, providing multiple opportunities to apply classroom learnings to real-world settings
- Internship, study abroad, and student/faculty collaborative research opportunities
- Ongoing collaboration and faculty mentorship
- Access to Muskie Alumni Network
Our students achieve exceptional graduate and law school placement rates and preparation for meaningful careers in the public and private sector.