The Muskingum University Forensics Team hosted the Ohio Forensics Association (OFA) "Heart of It All" tournament on Saturday, Nov. 2. More than 90 participants from 10 institutions competed. Muskingum University placed fifth overall, earning 37 points, and four students placed in individual events.
- Summer Jacobs, first-year student, competed in Prose and Poetry. She placed second in Poetry.
- Emily Sink, a senior, competed in Impromptu Speaking and placed third.
- Junior Elizabeth Nease competed in Poetry and After Dinner Speaking. She placed sixth in After Dinner Speaking.
- Junior Ethan Ford competed in Informative Speaking and Impromptu. He tied for seventh in Informative Speaking.
- Samantha Stafford, a sophomore, competed in Prose and Poetry.
The Muskingum University Forensics Team is directed by Rachel Pollock, assistant professor of Communication.
OFA is a collegiate forensics organization that offers one state novice and one state varsity championship tournament each spring for undergraduate speech and debate competitors in Ohio. The “Heart of It All” open invitational tournament, run by members of the OFA executive board and hosted by a member school, is the key to offering the OFA State Novice and OFA State Varsity Championship tournaments in the spring.