Graduate & Continuing Studies

Frequently Asked Questions

Muskingum University prides itself on being able to offer a liberal arts college environment at public college prices.

When do classes start?

Please refer to the Graduate & Continuing Studies Academic Calendar for specific dates.

What are the tuition costs?

Tuition rates for the 2023-2024 Academic Year:

  • Muskingum Adult Program (MAP) - $495/credit hour
  • Graduate Teacher Education (MAT, MAE) - $585/credit hour
  • Master of Applied Leadership (MAL) - $585/credit hour
  • Master of Business Information Systems (MBIS) - $695/credit hour
  • Master of Occupational Therapy (MOT) - $910/credit hour
  • Doctor of Applied Leadership (DAL) - $745/credit hour

Is financial aid available?

Eligible students may take advantage of either the federal or alternative loan programs to finance their studies. Students must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis (half-time status varies by program) to qualify for federal Stafford loans. Some alternative loans are available to less-than-half-time students, though many require half-time enrollment. Information about these opportunities can be obtained from the Office of Student Financial Services.
Highly qualified graduate student candidates seeking full-time enrollment may apply in writing for a limited number of competitive assistantships.

The University also makes available a variety of payment plans to students. Information about these opportunities can be obtained from the Muskingum University Business Office

Can I receive transfer credit as a graduate student?

Up to nine semester hours of graduate credit may be transferred on a course-by-course basis for comparable work completed at another regionally accredited institution. Only courses with a grade of B or better may be transferred. For more information, please refer to the Graduate Program Catalog.

Can I receive transfer credit as a MAP student?

Credit toward a degree from Muskingum University may be granted for coursework taken at other regionally accredited institutions. Muskingum adheres to the Ohio Board of Regents Transfer and Articulation Policy. Students who have earned an associate’s degree, or who have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours of earned transferable credit, from regionally accredited institutions, will be able to earn a Baccalaureate Degree from Muskingum University by meeting MAP degree requirements. Official transcripts and course descriptions are used to determine equivalency, elective credit and no credit. A passing grade is required for courses taken elsewhere to be accepted. Requirements for special majors or programs may be more stringent. Transfer credit is not accepted for courses for which previous credit has already been granted. Transfer credit may not be used to replace grades earned at Muskingum University. Only credit hours transfer, not the corresponding grades for transfer work, except to determine Latin honors (for which the grade point average may be lowered but not raised). For more information, please refer to the MAP Student Guidebook

Can I attend class on a full or part-time basis?

Students may attend on a full-time (9 credits/term for graduate, 12 credits/term for MAP) or part-time (4.5 credits/term for graduate, 6 credits/term for MAP) basis. Classes are offered online to be compatible with a traditional work schedule.

To request additional information by mail, complete the form below.

Back to top