We are committed to creating that Muskingum University community we hold dear. To do that, we have implemented several COVID-19 mitigation strategies this academic year.
Face masks must be worn in all shared indoor spaces on campus.
Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to quarantine if identified through contact tracing as exposed to someone who has COVID-19, as long as they have no symptoms. They also are not required to participate in COVID-19 surveillance testing.
Please review the COVID-19 Policies, which are designed to protect the health and safety of the campus community.
Fall Semester (Academics and Residential Living)
Muskingum University remains committed to the health and well-being of our entire campus community. We have carefully created policies using the latest guidance from the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, and the Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department (ZMCHD) to ensure the safety of students and employees. Should guidance from these sources change, our policies will be revised as appropriate.The University also is evaluating its classroom and lab spaces to ensure compliance with relevant health guidelines. The Fall 2021 academic calendar is available for download here.
These policies were developed in accordance with guidance from the state, federal and local health authorities and may be adjusted as guidance changes. If you have any questions for specific University departments around these policies, please contact:
Undergraduate Academics: email@example.com or 740-826-8122
Undergraduate Housing and Dining: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8080
Financial Aid: email@example.com or 740-826-8139
Admission: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8137
Athletics: email@example.com or 740-826-8320
Business Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740 826-8111
Graduate and Continuing Studies: email@example.com or 740-826-8038
- August 9, 2021 - Message From President Hasseler
- July 22, 2021 - Message From President Hasseler
- May 7, 2021 - Stay Safe, Stay Healthy
- April 28, 2021 - COVID-19 Testing
- April 13, 2021 - Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- January 21, 2021 - Welcome to Spring Semester
- December 20, 2020 - Return to Campus
- December 1, 2020 - Holiday Break
- November 16, 2020 - Campus Update
- August 14, 2020 - Welcome Back to Campus
- August 12, 2020 - Preparing for Campus Return (Notes to students & parents)
- July 17, 2020 - New Protocols for Campus Re-Open
- May 8, 2020 - Plans to Re-Open
- March 19, 2020 - Transition to Fully Remote Learning