Muskingum University had another successful academic year on campus thanks to our faculty, staff and students for their diligence regarding safety.
In preparation for the 2022-2023 academic year, the Information for Students and Families will be updated later in the summer with information regarding COVID-19 policies, including return-to-campus testing and quarantine and isolation guidelines.
During the summer of 2022, surveillance testing is suspended.
We are maintaining our mask optional policy on campus. All members of the campus community and guests should carry a mask at all times, as you may be required to wear a mask in certain settings. We will continue to respect the comfort levels and privacy of anyone who may prefer to continue to wear a mask, regardless of the reason. Questions about the policy should be submitted on the COVID webpage.
Social distancing is recommended, but not required. We also encourage masking in individual meetings where social distancing is not feasible.
Employees who intend to be on campus during the summer, should continue to monitor their health. Any employee who tests positive for COVID-19 must notify the Human Resources Office. This also applies to all student workers. Our isolation and quarantine protocols will follow those adopted by the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, and Zanesville-Muskingum County Health Department. These measures are designed to protect the health and safety of the campus community and to return individuals to their regular activities as quickly as possible.
Individuals whose vaccines are “up to date” based on CDC guidelines will not be required to quarantine, as long as they have no symptoms of COVID-19.
Please be aware that mask requirements may continue for certain activities as mandated by partner or external governing bodies (i.e., service, immersion trips, study abroad travel, athletics, etc.).
The University is hosting several camps throughout the summer. For these camps, the University highly recommends that all participants submit proof of up-to-date vaccines or proof of a negative COVID-19 test conducted within 48 hours of check in. Masks are optional during the camps. Symptomatic individuals should return home immediately and cannot return without proof of a negative COVID-19 test. Organization staff is responsible for conducting contact tracing in the event that any camper tests positive for COVID-19 or is exposed to someone who tests positive for COVID-19. The University is not able to provide quarantine space; any individual who is unvaccinated or whose vaccination is not up to date will need to quarantine at their home.
These policies were developed in accordance with guidance from the state, federal and local health authorities and may be adjusted as guidance changes. If you have any questions for specific University departments around these policies, please contact:
Undergraduate Academics: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8122
Undergraduate Housing and Dining: email@example.com or 740-826-8080
Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8139
Admission: email@example.com or 740-826-8137
Athletics: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8320
Business Office: email@example.com or 740 826-8111
Graduate and Continuing Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-826-8038
- May 5, 2022 - End of Spring Semester
- March 25, 2022 - Change in Mask Optional Policy
- March 1, 2022 - Mask Update
- January 20, 2022 - Message from the Health and Safety Team
- January 2022 - Town Hall Presentations
- August 9, 2021 - Message From President Hasseler
- July 22, 2021 - Message From President Hasseler
- May 7, 2021 - Stay Safe, Stay Healthy
- April 28, 2021 - COVID-19 Testing
- April 13, 2021 - Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- January 21, 2021 - Welcome to Spring Semester
- December 20, 2020 - Return to Campus
- December 1, 2020 - Holiday Break
- November 16, 2020 - Campus Update
- August 14, 2020 - Welcome Back to Campus
- August 12, 2020 - Preparing for Campus Return (Notes to students & parents)
- July 17, 2020 - New Protocols for Campus Re-Open
- May 8, 2020 - Plans to Re-Open
- March 19, 2020 - Transition to Fully Remote Learning