We're here to help.
How do you know if you have an alcohol problem?
If you are drinking way too much, you can improve your life health by cutting down. How do you know if you drink too much? Read these questions and answer "yes" or "no":
- Do you drink alone when you feel angry or sad?
- Does your drinking ever make you late for work?
- Does your drinking worry your family?
- Do you ever drink after telling yourself you won't?
- Do you ever forget what you did while you were drinking?
- Do you ever get headaches or have a hangover after you have been drinking?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you may have a drinking problem. Check with your doctor to be sure. Your doctor will be able to tell you whether you should cut down or abstain. If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, and would like help, then you should call the Counseling Department at (740) 826-8091 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and set up and appointment and talk with one of our counselors.
How to Cut Down on Your Drinking
A small tip that you could try: Set a drinking goal.
Choose a limit for how much you will drink. You may choose to cut down or not drink at all. If you are cutting down, keep below these limits:
Women: No more than one drink a day
Men: No more than two drinks a day