With a major in Media Production, you will be prepared to enter the challenging, futuristic, and rapidly changing world of electronic media production.
Your classes will focus on the production process and theory, and how to apply your knowledge to practical, real-world problems. Using state-of-the-art technology in our Burlingame Communication Center, you will complete individual and team projects that mirror the professional world.
You will gain hands-on production and leadership experiences through your work with Orbit Media – our student-run FM-radio station and cable TV access channel.
- Students report, write, edit, and produce short and long-form work starting their first semester with one-on-one faculty classroom and co-curricular mentoring.
- Access to Caldwell Hall’s second floor Burlingame Communication Center, housing media classrooms, software, and studios.
- Gain experience in the FCC-licensed non-commercial radio station and community cable-access TV channel.
- Produce projects for community organizations, gaining client-based real-world experience.
- Experience coverage of breaking news, feature stories, athletics, and community events happening on Muskingum’s campus and in the New Concord region.
- Opportunities for student leadership paid positions and off-campus internships.
You will enter the workforce ready to contribute your production abilities to communication initiatives in a variety of settings. Our graduates find employment in the media, creative agencies, businesses, and non-profit organizations.