Change in Mask Optional Policy - March 25, 2022
The University Safety Committee is pleased to announce that Muskingum University has not had an active COVID case since 3/3/2022. Given that fact, and mask-optional guidelines in place at the federal, state, and local level, the wearing of masks in classes will be optional beginning Monday, March 28, 2022.
Please be aware:
- Classroom mask policy may differ from class to class; students are required to follow the policy set by each faculty member.
- Students have the choice to wear a mask in classes, even if not required.
- All members of the campus community and guests should carry a mask at all times, as they may be required to wear a mask in certain settings. These include the Student Health Center, the Testing Center and upon request in individual work or living spaces.
- Masks are available from building administrative assistants across campus.
- As always, any student who feels ill should notify the Student Health Center for an evaluation of symptoms and COVID testing.
For the remainder of the semester, other health and safety measures will continue to be in place including:
- Weekly surveillance testing for unvaccinated students and employees.
- Quarantine for unvaccinated exposed individuals, and masks required for 5 days after release from quarantine or isolation.
- Remote accommodations will continue for students while in quarantine and isolation protocols.
- Classroom spacing and plexiglass barriers through the remainder of the semester.
The Health and Safety Team will continue to monitor campus cases as well as all federal, state, and local health guidelines and re-evaluate policies as appropriate.
THANK YOU for your efforts, your patience, and your cooperation throughout this difficult time. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces on the quad and around campus as the weather improves and more activities are scheduled. Get out and enjoy this beautiful campus!