With a focus on applying practical problem-solving skills to complex, multi-layered intractable problems, the interdisciplinary Public Administration major provides you with opportunities to learn both in and out of the classroom and apply your knowledge to real-world setting.
You will understand how to analyze and explain decision-making at the local, state, and national levels, solve complex problems, and offer both theoretical and practical solutions to pressing local, regional, national problems.
- An interdisciplinary education that includes accounting, economics, and other related fields helps you learn how to solve the types of complex multi-faceted problems governments increasingly face
- A focus on experiential learning provides you with multiple opportunities to apply what you have learned in the classroom to real-world setting
- Internship, study abroad, and student/faculty collaborative research opportunities
- Ongoing collaboration and faculty mentorship
- Access to Muskie Alumni Network
Our students experience exceptional graduate school placement rates and are prepared for meaningful careers in the public sector.