Philosophy provides you with the skills needed to succeed in a society where career changes are common and flexibility is a virtue increasingly in demand, by providing you with critical thinking and analytic skills that will benefit you in all aspects of your life, from personal to professional.
- Philosophy is as much a way of life as an educational field; you will better understand your place in the world and the ways in which you can make it a better place for everyone.
- We teach you to recognize and understand diverse viewpoints, which in turn strengthens your ability to communicate and function well in any situation.
- By emphasizing ethics and value theory, while also developing logic, research skills, and writing ability, our program well prepares you for any profession.
- Muskingum’s philosophy program gives you the chance to do your own original research on a topic that you get to choose in close collaboration with your professors.
- Superior research and writing skills that will separate you from your peers.
- Historically, philosophy majors achieve the highest scores on the LSAT.
- Knowledge of diverse viewpoints allows you to relate to multiple perspectives.
- Improved logic and critical thinking skills.
- Great foundation for any career, from business, to law, to academic.