The Criminal Justice Program at Muskingum University is an interdisciplinary program with a strong emphasis on justice, professionalism, and well-roundedness. As a Criminal Justice student, you will develop into an ethical keeper of the justice system who can work to uphold and improve the justice system's policies and programs in careers including law, law enforcement, corrections, and children’s services.
- Study all three of the central components of the criminal justice system: law enforcement, courts, and corrections
- Enjoy electives from Criminal Justice, Political Science, Psychology, and Sociology
- Observe the criminal justice system in action through court observations and trips to correctional facilities
- Participate in internships at the local, county, state, and federal levels or with non-profits or the private sector
- Meet Muskie grads and others currently working in the criminal justice system who are often featured as guest speakers in classes and for the greater campus community
- Get involved with the Criminal Justice Association for career-related trips, activities, experiences, and community service
- Conduct research with faculty for presentation at local, regional, or national conferences
Criminal Justice graduates from Muskingum have found great success in starting careers in fields including law, children’s services, probation, corrections, the military, and law enforcement at the local, county, state, and federal levels as well as private policing agencies.
Just as exciting is the students who have continued their educations at graduate and law schools, including Ohio State University, University of Cincinnati, Tiffin University, Valparaiso University.
We are proud that our Muskies are making a difference in their careers, communities, and the lives of others!